Sunday, December 13, 2015

Announcement of Transition at ECWF

My very first day on the ground in Wichita Falls was October 1, 2014. And here we are, 14 months later. This is hard for me to say – it is hard for me to live – but I feel as though my time among you here has come to an end. Next Sunday, December 20th, will be my last Sunday as the Priest in Charge of the Episcopal Church of Wichita Falls. This week, I will be here on Tuesday to feed our homeless friends at WFMCC, and I will pack up my office. Next Sunday, I will ask you all to bless me, as I will bless you.

I have brought you all along as a church as far as I am able. The Bishop and Canon to the Ordinary will lead you on from here. I do not know what that will look like. It is not my place to know, nor will it be my place to be involved in the on-going life of the church here. I know I will see you at diocesan gatherings and you will all remain in my prayers. “Surely it is God who saves us, we will trust in him and not be afraid.” God is steadfast and faithful to you. No one can thwart God’s will.

“What then shall we do?” “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” “Give thanks to the Lord and call upon his Name; Make his deeds known among the peoples; see that they remember that his Name is exalted. Sing the praises of the Lord, for he has done great things, and this is known in all the world.”


Today’s Advent candle is the candle of Joy. My prayer for you – no my task for you – is for us to remember our time together with great Joy. I have been blessed beyond measure serving here with you all. I know I was called by God to serve here, and I know God is calling me away from here now to do something different. It has been a season of Joy, and I pray that we will continue to live that Joy through our last week together.

Audio is on the right sidebar PodBean player.

1 comment:

Please be graceful with me and others!